CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Hervey1
Level 1: Cadet

Nbn

Answered

Have been on the phone to Telstra for about 10 hours over the last month. My nbn is connected but not working. All the lights on the nbn box are showing blue and all the lights on the Telstra modem except the phone light are green. The problem is nothing is working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Nbn

As you have an NBN service, we ask customers to return the modem to factory defaults - by holding in the reset button for 10+ seconds until the modem restarts - which then forces the modem to pull down the details for the phone service to work and to get it to check for the NBN connection, particularly if it has been using the 4G back-up for some time. 

I can understand your concern about the length of time that this is taking to resolve, the time taken will vary depending on the issue and the steps required to resolve it. 

Do you have a complaint lodged regarding the time it has taken, so that a case manager can be assigned to assist you?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Is this a new NBN connection.

Could post a screen shot of the Modem's Basic Broadband Settings? There is an example below.

F@st5355_Basic_Broadband.JPG

Hervey1

Yes a new nbn connection fibre to the kerb
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hervey1,

Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry to hear about you new nbn connection not working. 

What has our support teams advised when you have contacted them?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hervey1

Hi. Most times I am told to reset the modem. The problem is that all the lights on the nbn box and the Telstra modem except the phone light are showing that everything is working. But it is not. I have not had nbn or a home phone since 07/02/2019 over a month. I get the impression that nothing is being done to fix the problem. I am computer savvy so I can’t understand why it is taking so long.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

As you have an NBN service, we ask customers to return the modem to factory defaults - by holding in the reset button for 10+ seconds until the modem restarts - which then forces the modem to pull down the details for the phone service to work and to get it to check for the NBN connection, particularly if it has been using the 4G back-up for some time. 

I can understand your concern about the length of time that this is taking to resolve, the time taken will vary depending on the issue and the steps required to resolve it. 

Do you have a complaint lodged regarding the time it has taken, so that a case manager can be assigned to assist you?

Hervey1

Yes I have lodged a complaint and the case manager gave me the same story “it will be fixed within 24 hours”. This was a week ago. I have also complained to the Ombusman and have heard nothing. I have been a Telstra customer for 50 years but am seriously contemplating Optus.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

As the issue is still ongoing, have you contacted your case manager (they should have provided you with a number to get back in touch) or the TIO to check for an update?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now