Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

0 Kudos

Re: Netgear CG3100D-2 BPAUS.

i have exactly the same issue.. Same cable Modem same App. When i use the app the the all wifi devices in the house get diconected and the router resets.

hi I have a netgear cg3100d modem from telstra works great except when I try to use iphone app diga player for Panasonic remote recording etc.it basically turns off and on again when the app tries to find the blu ray player device. Then when it comes back on its a mass of orange and a few blue lights. Of course it cant find the blu ray player then because the whole network is down.Can someone please help. Everything is on the same network as suggested by Panasonic. Thanks Peoples.hi I have a netgear cg3100d modem from telstra works great except when I try to use iphone app diga player for Panasonic remote recording etc.it basically turns off and on again when the app tries to find the blu ray player device. Then when it comes back on its a mass of orange and a few blue lights. Of course it cant find the blu ray player then because the whole network is down.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Chi, appreciate you looking into this.

Hopefully you can resolve it.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried giving the Panasonic unit a static ip or on some you can select what version of dlna support if you have that option it might help
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
0 Kudos

Does_it_work wrote:

Does_it_work:

To keep you posted, I have gone out and bought this HDD myself.

I will load it up with about 1.5TB of content and go through the set up and get back to you if I can see a similar issue on my end and work through any steps to address this issue.

Chi

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today

Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
0 Kudos

Chi wrote:

Does_it_work wrote:

Does_it_work:

To keep you posted, I have gone out and bought this HDD myself.

I will load it up with about 1.5TB of content and go through the set up and get back to you if I can see a similar issue on my end and work through any steps to address this issue.

Chi

I have tested our the external USB HDD on the CG3100,  and it turns out that it is a bug on the firmware, with an external USB HDD attached to it.

The DLNA aspect of it, is still working, where any DLNA client will be able to access any media content on the drive, but the mounting as either a Samba share or Network drive will fail.

I have logged this with our Engineering team and get them work with Netgear to come up with solution.

In the meantime, the only way for you to use an USB HDD which can be mounted as a Network share, is to use a drive with a smaller capacity of 3TB.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

Chi

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today

Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chi,

Appreciate your assistance. I would have been happy if at least DLNA works.

Please see the attached image. The modem does not even recognise the files.

In relation to the firmware bug, what is the timeframe it will be resolved. Can you please provide a reference number for me to chase up please

Thanks

DLNA.jpg

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Chi is still investigating this and as such, I cannot provide a time frame for you.

- Shelly

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bigpond Support,

Its been over a month now, with no update.

This is not good enough from a company of your stature.

Can you escalate this or please advise of the complaint process in relation to this issue ?

Thanks

No - It Does not WORK

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi Does_it_work,

Chi has just received confirmation that a firmware update is being developed to address this issue. It may take several months before the firmware update is released as it goes through quality assurance processes by the vendor as well as Telstra.

- Shelly

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Technical Support,

What is the status of the firmware update.

I have receoved no communication regarding the progress or any time frame.

Can you please follow-up and let me know?

Thanks 

Does_it_Work

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Sorry Does_it_work, we've not received any further updates. The firmware is being developed, but we don't have an ETA. 

Brodie

New Contributor
0 Kudos

I have used many modem/routers and have a lot of experience with network hardware, and there really is a problem with Wi-Fi stability on this modem. 

If you leave the modem on for a few days, the Wi-Fi will predictably stop carrying traffic until the modem is power cycled. 

The symptoms are:

- No data throughput on WiFi whatsoever

- WiFi AP still advertising SSID and devices still able to connect to the WiFI AP

- Devices still getting IP address assigned by router DHCP

- Ethernet ports still exchanging data fine

- Router admin interface still fully responsive

I have now just disabled the Wi-Fi on the Telstra CGD3100D-2 and left it to my Apple Time Capsule which is completely stable. Disappointing that Telstra's very capable engineering team has on this device failed to identify a really significant problem and push the vendor to fix it. 

No amount of level 1 troubleshooting is going to fix this problem. Just google on the number of people having the problem and you'll see its far too many to be a user config problem.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Any update on these Wi-Fi dropouts Telstra? Is there any new firmware available to upgrade the cable modem to fix it?

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hey dansydney,

No update as of yet, sorry. We haven't been given an ETA for the firmware.

Brodie

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Well then supply us all with a WiFi router to connect to the modem untill you fix the issue.

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi elusivet,

I understand your points and definitely appreciate that this is not the ideal experience for our customers, yourself included. As I have mentioned above we have reported this and hopefully a fix will be forthcoming in the near future to address this for all customers.

As far as the options you have presented are concerned, Telstra will not be providing additional hardware or assistance with installing/using additional hardware outside of the modems we supply.

- Shelly

Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi, I too was having trouble using the USB ports on the netgear router, but thanks to here I have solved 1 issue using the USB port for flash / hard drives. But the issue I am having now is connecting a USB printer. I can't seem to find it once it's connected. There was instructions for the drives but not for printers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

spono

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi Spono,

The USB ports are for use with a HDD or Mobile Broadband USB backup device. They are not used for modem to computer connections or printers.

- Shelly

Visitor
0 Kudos

Thanks shelly for your reply.

Reading earlier posts couple of people mentioned using the USB ports for printer support as well.

but your reply explains why it's not working.

Kind regards

spono

Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi Gents, A slight variation of this thread. I too have a CGD3100D-2BPAUS. With Telstra and Optus now having sold their HCF networks to NBN, it looks likely that we will be forced to moved to NBN over those networks. I live in a high rise (MDU) so our type of premises will be targeted to be moved before standalone premises because we represent a lower of cost of install per user.

My questions of you are:

Are these modem/routers going to have to be changed when that happens?

If they are not changed, what constraints are there on possible speeds that can be delivered.

I have asked NBN these questions and waiting for a reply but don't expect one. Other concerns I asked them to answer are:
Where in the HCF network will we be connected to the fibre network. I am hoping they will say the basement to get as close the last 'mile' as possible and minimise load contention. I also asked if we would be forced to use the building copper or have the option to connect to the co-ax. Our building copper network has AM frequency interference in the 600-700kHz range so is degraded for ADSL. Finally I asked them what their plans are in regard to keeping the HFC delivered NBN up to the same speed as fibre. Comments and knowledge or even better, inside info from anyone would be welcomed.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

miketls wrote:

Hi Gents, A slight variation of this thread. I too have a CGD3100D-2BPAUS. With Telstra and Optus now having sold their HCF networks to NBN, it looks likely that we will be forced to moved to NBN over those networks. I live in a high rise (MDU) so our type of premises will be targeted to be moved before standalone premises because we represent a lower of cost of install per user.

My questions of you are:

Are these modem/routers going to have to be changed when that happens?

If they are not changed, what constraints are there on possible speeds that can be delivered.

I have asked NBN these questions and waiting for a reply but don't expect one. Other concerns I asked them to answer are:
Where in the HCF network will we be connected to the fibre network. I am hoping they will say the basement to get as close the last 'mile' as possible and minimise load contention. I also asked if we would be forced to use the building copper or have the option to connect to the co-ax. Our building copper network has AM frequency interference in the 600-700kHz range so is degraded for ADSL. Finally I asked them what their plans are in regard to keeping the HFC delivered NBN up to the same speed as fibre. Comments and knowledge or even better, inside info from anyone would be welcomed.

I doubt there would be any need to change the modem, unless of course, the EuroDOCSIS specification is changed.

As for constraints, you would be only able to have the EuroDOCSIS 3.0 specifications available (with Telstra it is currently 120Mbits down and 2.4Mbits up - as per configuration file, but EuroDOCSIS 3.0 does support 400Mbits down and 108Mbits up). If the specifications change, then you would need a new modem (hardware) to support the new specification. I just cant see this changing anytime soon.

As for where you would be connected to Fibre, it would be at your closest connected node (HFC is connected to Fibre at the node, then coax to premises), as it is today. This will not change.

As for plans to have HFC as fast as fibre, I cant comment.

I do hope this answered all your questions, if not, please feel free to ask.

Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi Aussiecable. Many thanks or your rapid response. NBN is more symmetric that 120/2.4. I was hoping that the modem router would support 100/40 as for standard NBN. Can it be configured to do that? I know in the UK there is an ISP planning to provide 2.4 gig down over HFC. I am hoping NBN will keep up with the developments of HFC delivery.
Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi miketls,

The following link is to a draft (so things may change) from October 2014 which shows the following plans: 12/1Mbps, 25/5Mbps, 25/10Mbps, 50/20Mbps and 100/40Mbps on page 3.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/documents/NBN%20Co%20UNI-HFC%20Customer%20Interface%20Spe...

- Shelly

Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi Shelley. Great document!. I don't pretend to understand all the technical details, but it has the info I am looking for. Apologies for addressing my first post to 'Gents'. I should have expected the best response would come from a lady.
The only issue I have now is in pricing and I don't expect you to answer that. My two adult children who both live in Singapore, each have a gigabit unlimited service for $50 pm. The lowest speed supplied there is 100mbps, also unlimited. I believe the lower speeds and the ludicrous download limits here are provided to gouge us with higher pricing. I guess it is what you get from a service provided by a monopoly and in a country that has enormous cross subsidies to lower density population centres. If we could dump the bush it would lower costs, not just for this, but across a range of other areas. Many thanks.
Frequent Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi Telstra BigPond Technical Support,

I would like to use Dynamic DNS but the only option avaialble for the Service Provider is www.dyndns.org.

Is it possible to use other service provider? or is www.dyndns.org the only one we can use.

Thanks. 

Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hi fernley,

At this time Dynamic DNS is only available for the service providers that appear in the drop down box within the modems interface.

- Shelly

Frequent Visitor
0 Kudos

Many thanks Shelly.

Are there any plans to expand the list in the near future? The current option is no longer a free service and it would be great to be able to use other dynamic DNS service provider that are free.

Technical Support
0 Kudos

I can see that the Netgear C6300 that we provide as the Telstra Gateway Max will allow dyndns.org, no-ip.com and dtdns.com.

I believe that these services will eventually come to the CG3100D-2, but as there is no time frame for the next firmware update of the CG3100D-2 you may prefer to upgrade to the C6300 or bridge your current modem to a BYO router. 

- Shelly

0 Kudos

Re: Netgear CG 3100D-2

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have the Netgear CG 3100D-2, how do i change the DNS setting in it, as I have paid for this. Currently set for Dynamic, no way to change DNS. Are certain items blocked by Telstra, if so, how do you get full control of Netgear CG 3100D-2.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Netgear CG 3100D-2

aussiegirl wrote:

Hi, I have the Netgear CG 3100D-2, how do i change the DNS setting in it, as I have paid for this. Currently set for Dynamic, no way to change DNS. Are certain items blocked by Telstra, if so, how do you get full control of Netgear CG 3100D-2.

Hi @aussiegirl

Unfortunatly the CG3100D-2 does not come with the ability to change the DNS settings.

You can however, purchase a 3rd party router and use the router to change the DNS settings, used in bridged mode. Or you will need to change the DNS settings on your PC.

A simple Google search can help with DNS changes on any PC.

If you need any further advice, I am happy to assist on my own forums: https://www.aussiecable.org