CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Raffa
Level 4: Private Eye

Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS

Answered

We have been experiencing slow speeds on our Cable Internet service. We are currently on the Telstra T-Bundle Entertainer FreeStyler Plan. We recently received a call from Telstra asking us if we were happy with the service. My wife took the call and explained to the girl that even though we have spent many times talking to Telstra about the service, nothing seems to be changing. My wife said to the girl that she suspected the modem (CGD24N V2) may be faulty. The girl said they have a new modem (CG3100D-2BPAUS) and that she would dispatch the modem and it should work fine on our current plan.

On 17/10/2012 I received an email from Telstra Digital Sales and Service advising me that they had received a request from me about changing my plan, and would advise me by email when this change had happened.

On 22/10/2012 we received our new modem Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS and my wife proceeded to install it. After running the setup disk, she received a message saying that installation cant proceed and to call Telstra and quote the reference number. She called and after being transferred back and forward from tech support to billing, she was told we were on the wrong plan and that someone from Level 2 will contact us.

Do we need to change from Elite to Ultimate to use this new modem ?  And how long should the process of being upgraded to a new plan take?

To this date, we still have not received any call.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS

Hi Raffa,

You can use an Ultimate Cable modem and stay on an Elite plan. There is no need for you to change this after upgrading the modem. 

I am sending you a private message so that you can provide your details and I will keep you informed on the progress.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Raffa
Accepted Solution

@Shelly_Telstra wrote:

Hi Raffa,

You can use an Ultimate Cable modem and stay on an Elite plan. There is no need for you to change this after upgrading the modem. 

I am sending you a private message so that you can provide your details and I will keep you informed on the progress.

Thank You Shelly

Regards,

Raffa

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Raffa

Thanks for the help and advise. Seems like the CrowdSupport offers as much help as Telstra does. Thanks guys.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

In all fairness, the reason I didn't poke my head in was because its Cable, and I'm not the best with it Smiley Happy

I'll see if I can flag a Mod to investigate your specific issue. The Crowd is great at solving common queries, not so good when we need to see your account to fix the issue Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Raffa,

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Raffa

@Ben_F wrote:

In all fairness, the reason I didn't poke my head in was because its Cable, and I'm not the best with it Smiley Happy

I'll see if I can flag a Mod to investigate your specific issue. The Crowd is great at solving common queries, not so good when we need to see your account to fix the issue Smiley Happy

B.

Sorry Ben, and thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

Raffa

Raffa
Accepted Solution

@Shelly_Telstra wrote:

Hi Raffa,

Thank You Shelly

Regards,

Raffa

arigee
Level 1: Cadet

Hi

I am a new member in Crowdsupport. I donot realy getting how this is working. I already asked some questions but no luck with any reply.

I have cg3100D netgear rouiter and I would like to find is ther any way that I can cofigure it for slower speed?

Also how can I get a live caht with telstra tech?

Please help

Ari

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya Ari, welcome to the forum.

I am a bit confused, why would you want your internet service to be slower?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

arigee

Hi,

Just to frustrate kids to prevent from using the internet too much

Thanks

Ari

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Haha, righto. I am not aware of a function of the modem that can do this, it is possible you could use software on the devices to limit bandwidth but these would likely be disabled fairly quickly Smiley Happy

I also noticed you asked for tech chat in the first post, which I missed, who can be contact here http://tel.st/gq6m

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Adahoah

Hi There

is there an easy way to connect my Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS netgear CG3100D cable and utilise my other modem Netgear DGND3700 (N600) as a wifi router instead. I have tried connecting through Netgear Cable modem WAN internet to my DGND3700 but no internet was detected. i have also tried connect through the Ethernet but got the same result.

The reason why i want to utilise my old modem is because Netgear cable modem WIFI is too slow transferring data (multimedia) to my media player via wifi and weak signal. Can someone assist me if they have the similar situation?

thank you in advance.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now