Highlighted
Fazz
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear Cg3100d2

The NAT has been turn off and I know this turns it into bridge mode.

Can you just go into 192.168.100.1 and turn NAT back on without causing problems with the connections.

If it's not how to turn it back on could you let me know how I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 20: Director

Re: Netgear Cg3100d2

In reply: @Fazz

You should not have any issue's with your connected devices if you re-enable NAT.

When in Bridged mode, the modem passes all WAN to LAN, giving all connected devices a public IP address.

When in router mode, the router component of the modem passes WAN to NAT to LAN, giving all connected devices a private IP address.

So if you are re-enabling NAT, the connected devices will lose their public IP's for private IP's, there should not be any issue's with the modem issuing the DHCP leases on the fly.

I hope that answers your question, and if you need any further advice, please feel free to yell out! Smiley Happy

Fazz
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Netgear Cg3100d2

Extreame

Have had e tech out was still having connection problems when Iturned the NAT back on.

He connected a new CG3100D-2 and have had no problems since.

Look like fault cg3100d-2.

Thanks very much for the info.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now