gggggg
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear extender

Just purchased Telstra smart modem but now cannot get existing netgear extender to connect to it - pls help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Netgear extender

First factory reset the extender. Then to connect using WPS press the pair button on modem for at least 5 seconds, the pair button will flash for about three minutes. During this time follow the instructions for connecting extender using wps. If successful pair light stop flashing and turn a permanent green.
KatieBrown
Level 11: Detective

I had the same problem with my Netgear Extender. No matter what the technician and I did, it would not connect/pair to the Smart Modem.
If you need an extender, you'll need to purchase the extenders from Telstra that are compatible with the Smart Modems.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi There, 

Apologies for the late response.

Were you able to rectify this with the above comments? 

If you need further assistance, let me know. 

- Tanasha 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now