Yasslad
Level 2: Rookie

New NBN router rebooting - technicolor DJA023

Installed a smart modem 2 last weekend. Has been working for a week. Just started rebooting every 15-20 minutes. Firmware 18.1. Anyone else having this happen?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: New NBN router rebooting - technicolor DJA023

Current firmware is 18.1.c.0347-950-RC but there is a later firmware that has just been released. I don't now the version of this latest firmware. The modem might be trying to update or there might be a fault or there might be a link fault. When modem reboots do all lights go off at same time?

Yasslad

That is the firmware I have, rebooting every 15-20 minutes still. I don't know what happens to the lights when it reboots. Have tried switching off band steering, will see if that fixes it.

I don't think turning off band steering will fix the problem. A factory reset would have more chance of stopping the reboots. There is a reset button back of modem near LAN port 2. Press for at least 10 seconds using bent paperclip or similar device.

Yasslad

Is that going to erase the 30 minutes of manual firewall rules that I had to enter? I can't believe there is no 'export config' option.

Yasslad

DJA0231 continues to reboot every 15-30 minutes. Despite a hard reset and many configuration variations. Have been online seeking a replacement which should arrive in 3-5 days. Not a good experience with this new modem. Smiley Sad

Yasslad

Switched back to the TG799vac, been up solid for 2 hours. Definitely a hardware/firmware fault with the DJA0231.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now