CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
katelorimer
Level 1: Cadet

Online White Light on Gateway

Answered

White light on Online on Gateway stays on. After rebooting several times, and green lights everywhere else, I still can't connect to the internet. It has been like this for 12hrs. Mobile phone internet fine (having to hotspot to create this post), and have checked there are no outages in the area. Have tried to log on to 10.0.0.138 to reset password etc but cannot connect to that page - it just times out and says not responding. 

What do you suggest? It has been working fine for the past couple of months since inital installation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Online White Light on Gateway

Do a factory reset on Gateway by pressing reset button using a paperclip until power light goes of. Gateway will reboot and reset all settings to factory defaults. Do not power of gateway during reset.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Assuming you have a laptop or desktop computer with a LAN port, have you tried connecting to the Gateway using an ethernet cable?

I was setting up one for my friend yesterday, and while it wouldn't conenct via wifi, it would connect via ethernet.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
katelorimer

Gateway is in different room to computer so that's not an option

Accepted Solution

Do a factory reset on Gateway by pressing reset button using a paperclip until power light goes of. Gateway will reboot and reset all settings to factory defaults. Do not power of gateway during reset.

It may be your only solution. Either grab a long ethernet cable or unplug the gateway, move it to next to your computer, plug it in to your computer, log in to the gateway to ensure it is working (you don't necessarily need to have it conencted to the Internet as you need to check the settings only), then move the gateway back. Then try to log back in to the modem and continue troubleshooting from there.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
katelorimer

That seems to have done it! Thanks! How do I stop this happening in the future, and the need to restore factory settings? Seems to be an issue when I haven't used the wifi for a couple of days.

It shouldn't happen. If it is happening often then it could be a faulty gateway. Ring support and ask for a replacement.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now