Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

rc0
Level 3: Gumshoe
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

PS3 Internet Connection via TG587n v3 and Netgear AirCard 782S

I searched Crowdsupport, Whirlpool Forums, Technicolor website, and googled but could not find a situation similar to mine.

I have a PS3 that has had access to the internet through the Netgear AirCard 782S mobile broadband device (from Telstra).  The setup was easy: in PS3, I went to 'Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings (wireless connection) > Easy . . . '   In the setup process, there was an option to use or not use a proxy server - I chose Do Not Use.

With my new Bigpond ADSL and home phone bundle connection, I thought the PS3 would be nice for the Australian Netflix, Quickflix, etc. And so I set out to wirelessly connect the PS3 to the TG587n v3 using exactly the same procedure I followed with the mobile device (see above).

The PS3 did connect easily to the TG587n v3, but failed to connect to the internet.

The error code was 80710092 initially. Then I thought I might give the PS3 the same IP address every time, and this is when the error code changed to 80028e06.

I checked that the PS Network was not down at the time.

Other devices in the house are also running happily accessing the internet.

The PS3 settings showed 100% for signal strength and NAT Type was Type 2 for the TG587n v3, blank for the mobile device.

Can someone knowledgeable about PS3 and TG587n v3 advise what I need to do to make the two work?

Thanks in advance,

Rey

rc0
Level 3: Gumshoe
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Internet Connection via TG587n v3 and Netgear AirCard 782S

Sorry All.
Please disregard.
For some reason I'm not aware of, the PS3 was included in one of the Parental Rules. As soon as I removed the PS3 from that rule, Internet Connection was successful.
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Internet Connection via TG587n v3 and Netgear AirCard 782S

Thanks for the update rc0. - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines