CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Geoffr177
Level 2: Rookie

Pairing a DECT phone to a smart modem Gen 2

Answered

Hi, please can anyone tell me how to wirelessly pair a Telstra DECT 9850 phone to a Telstra smart modem Gen 2. It is currently running on ADSL but soon to move to NBN over HFC.

Many thanks

Geoff

Geoffr177
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Pairing a DECT phone to a smart modem Gen 2

You can only pair handset that support DECT 2.0. The 9850 is a DECT 6.0 handset so cannot be paired with the modem using wireless. It will only work with base plugged into the green phone port.

To pair a DECT 2.0 handset press the pair button for at least 5 seconds. It should start flashing at 0.5 seconds intervals. It will flash for three minutes. Follow handsets instructions for Registering/Pairing. Default pin is 0000.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

You can only pair handset that support DECT 2.0. The 9850 is a DECT 6.0 handset so cannot be paired with the modem using wireless. It will only work with base plugged into the green phone port.

To pair a DECT 2.0 handset press the pair button for at least 5 seconds. It should start flashing at 0.5 seconds intervals. It will flash for three minutes. Follow handsets instructions for Registering/Pairing. Default pin is 0000.

Geoffr177

Many thanks for the help and advice.
Geoffr177
KmanOz
Level 3: Gumshoe

I could not pair a phone to this modem unless I did the following.

1. Log into the modem
2. Hit and hold the pair button on the back of the modem until it starts flashing
3. Get your handset ready to pair.
4. Go to the Advanced Menu / Telephony / Device menu and hit the <Start> button
5. Hit pair on your handset.

Boom you are paired ...
COOLUP
Level 1: Cadet

This sounds good I’ll try this cheers
EHB

Great. I was happy with ADSL to a point but now have a GEN2 the set up procedure is anything but simple for those aged and computer/phone challenged. To get5 a technician to call wipes any pension increase for at least 12 months. Look like pencil and paper again or smoke signals because the phone is going to be useless.

EHB

What the #$%@ I was told it was simple to set up.

No one told me about Advanced menu etc.

If you are an old age pensioner and are transferring to NBN you should be able to arrange a a visit from a Telstra Technician at no cost.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now