ColinSh
Level 1: Cadet

Parts for NTD UNI-Client.

I have a 240/110volt power adapter that is receiving 240 volt from my power outlet, however it is not supplying 12 DC to my NTD (Network termination device).

I have been getting very limited help from the service technicians. Typical scenerio, I call the helpful fault line, we arrange a Date for a technician to visit, after the end of that day I call the help line to discover that they had cancelled the technician for the day. There is no communication with me to advise me of this, so I sit at home for the day not earning a wage, waiting for someone who is not going to arrive. This has occurred on 2 occasions so far.

As a result I have determined it would be far more cost effective if I could purchase the defective part and replace it my self. So if anyone knows where I might be able to purchase the power adapter for my NTD please can you help me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Parts for NTD UNI-Client.

I would not recommend doing it. The NTD is NBN property and they need to maintain it. If the power supply you buy damages the NTD NBN could end up charging you for a new one.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

ColinSh
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your advice Guilty I doubt I could get the exact 8 pin plug assembly to suit the NTD, unless it came directly from its manufacturer. I also doubt that complaining to a company you can not directly talk to will have any effect other than them "black listing" the complainer.

Does your NTD turn on at all? If so when the fault is raised leave the NTD unplugged as NBN co run remote tests and if they can see its online or detect the device they just close the ticket. They aren't the best at reading notes.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now