Highlighted
Yeehah
Level 1: Cadet

Power Supply

Answered

New to NBN....I normally turn my computer and modem off at the power supply but can I still turn off now that I have NBN modem with landline phone attached? Will landline phone still work? (Feel like its a dumb question but....need to be sure.) Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
almostJordan
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Power Supply

Hi Yeehah,

Yeah that's fine the phone only needs to be connected to the modem all of the VOIP stuff is handled by it. The modem will need to stay powered but the PC can be turned off.

Regards,

Jordan

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shetty
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi there Yeehah,

Turning the modem off will result in you losing your phone connection.Welcome to the joys...not... of NBN.The same will happen if you lose power for some reason.

Cheers.Man Happy

almostJordan
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Hi Yeehah,

Yeah that's fine the phone only needs to be connected to the modem all of the VOIP stuff is handled by it. The modem will need to stay powered but the PC can be turned off.

Regards,

Jordan

freshcalendar
Level 1: Cadet

I agree with you. Robot surprised

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now