CrowdSupport®
Fi11
Level 1: Cadet

Printer not working after Smart modem install

I upgraded my Telstra modem to the new smart modem yesterday and am unable to connect printer (all other devices are fine).  I rang tech support and was told my printer - Brother 2305W isn't compatible and I could subscribe to Telstra Platinum for further help??????? Printer was working fine until changeover.  Also not appearing in Printers/Scanners (MAC).  Any help appreciated - or Telstra please feel free to send me a new compatible printer. Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Printer not working after Smart modem install

Hello,

That information does not sound correct.

I don't think our friends down at Telstra are likely to send you another printer !!!!

It might?? be useful to reset the modem. The reset button is inset opposite the ethernet ports.

Maybe another call taker at Telstra Technical Support may be more motivated?

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Printer not working after Smart modem install

If printer not connecting to modems WIFI try disabling band steering in the modems 2.4GHz WIFI settings, this results in two WIFI bands having separate SSIDs, -5G being added to end of the 5GHz WIFI band.

If printer connecting to WIFI but not recognised by PC try reinstalling driver on PC.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now