CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JackyMaj
Level 1: Cadet

Printer wont connect wifi after nbn connection

Since connecting my NBN this week my Epson Xp -200 wont connect to any device .... kind of urgent as my daughter is trying to print Yr 12 practice exams for her exams coming in the next two weeks .... so frustrating

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Printer wont connect wifi after nbn connection

Have you held down the Wifi button on the printer until the lights flash, then press the WPS button on the modem until its light flashes (usually a press and release)?  This should reconnect the printer to the modem, then the other devices on your network should be able to find it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LYNNIE1

Sorry to but in but my printer wont work either and i dont no how to press the wps button on the router.  and i cant get my home phone to work either.  please help and wps and all others under it on the router arent lit up thanks lynne1

LYNNIE1

Sorry to but in but my printer wont work either and i dont no how to press the wps button on the router.  and i cant get my home phone to work either.  please help and wps and all others under it on the router arent lit up thanks lynne1

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you confirm the model of modem and printer that you are trying to connect? 

Have you tried manually configuring your printer with the Wi-Fi security keys or changing the Wi-Fi security keys within the modem to match what they were for your previous modem?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

OJones
Level 2: Rookie

Having the same trouble; been trying now since the NBN was installed several weeks ago; I could not find the wps button on the telstra gateway modem router.

OJones
Level 2: Rookie

This seems to be a common problem; as a technician and computer programmer; this is a bug and it needs to be fixed ASAP

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi OJones,

Have you manually configured the Wi-Fi settings in your printer?

Alternatively, have you made sure that the modems Wi-Fi encryption is set to WPA-TKIP + WPA2-AES? Some devices may only work with WPA-TKIP and the modems come set to WPA2-AES only.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Lindaburns

I have a Ebson 200 XP printer.
Since i got a new NBN modem the printer is NOT connected.
I have a Netcomm NB16WV 02 MODEM.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Lindaburns

It sounds like you need to follow the directions to reconnect your printer to that modem, normally that involves using WPS, your printer's user manual should be able to let you know exactly how to do that.

Lindaburns

Thanks.I will try that.
Smithga1965

I have an Epson WF-2760 printer and Telstra Gateway F@ST 5355. It connects eventually, but regularly drops out. Error message suggests it is an issue with the 5 Ghz band. How do I enable the 2.4 Ghz band on my modem ?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Smithga1965, 

The 2.4 GHz band should already be enabled by default.  

You'll need to set up your printer so that it connects to the 2.4 GHz broadcast rather than the 5GHz one.  Normally the name the WiFi bands broadcast are exactly the same. The only exception is that the 5GHz on has a -5G at the end.  

lisa881

Wf-250 Epson won,t connect after switching to NBN

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far lisa881?

- Shelly

Laylah

I'm having the same issue with my Canon MG3660. I wish they had told me when I signed up that this would be an issue as I would have asked them to assist me in setting it up at the time of installation.

I have attempted to download the software and re-install the application to my Mac, but it doesn't see the printer.

Is there an easy solution for this? Everything was working fine up until I had the NBN connected. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Laylah, 

Did you get a new modem with your NBN connection?  If so you just need to connect your printer up to the new modem's Wi-Fi Name and Password, so the printer can access the same network that your computer is on.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now