FlashG
Level 1: Cadet

Problem with Smart Modem Gen 2 DHCP MAC address to IP address mapping

Answered

The Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 only allows you to define maximum of 10 MAC address to IP address mappings in the DHCP configuration.

Is there any way to define more than 10 MAC to IP mappings?

I have lots of devices in the house that require static IP addresses.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with Smart Modem Gen 2 DHCP MAC address to IP address mapping

If you have more than 10 devices that require a static IP address the only way to do this with the Arcadyan modem is to set a static address in the devices.

To prevent other devices using the sam ed address limit the DHCP seevers address range to 192.168.0.2-127 and set static addresses in the devices in the range 192.168.0.128-254

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

If you have more than 10 devices that require a static IP address the only way to do this with the Arcadyan modem is to set a static address in the devices.

To prevent other devices using the sam ed address limit the DHCP seevers address range to 192.168.0.2-127 and set static addresses in the devices in the range 192.168.0.128-254

FlashG

Hi cf4,

Thank you for your answer and suggested work-around. I hope that Telstra can provide a firmware upgrade at some stage to fix this problem. My old Technicolor TG587nV3 modem don't have this limitation.
Highlighted
MoralCompass

Why on earth has Telstra decided to put a limit on the number of static leases?

In my case - I had to upgrade as part of the NBN transition so now depend on the Arcadyan router to benefit from 4G fallback. However I have 12 cameras around the premises - the IP numbers cannot be easily configured and they need to be fixed as part of the surveillance software ... Telstra, please remove this senseless limitation.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now