CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Remote web access

I recently noticed my remote web access IP had been changed to Cranbourne police stations IP,?????? Factory reset, changed all passwords , seems to have gone back to what it was originally when I first set up the modem. Any ideas how this would have occured????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Remote web access

I wouldn't trust the source that said your IP address belonged to a police station.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

I'll call the Cranbourne police in the morning, see if they have some answers.

Highlighted

"@343GuiltySpark I used IP info detector and just entered the IP address that appeared on the router one day under remote web access, I did a visual traceroute and that's where it led me, apart from never enabling remote web access, that IP was hovering over the police station. I was actually concerned when a friend asked if I'd changed the router user and password, and I hadn't, in the process of doing that I became curious at all the functions and settings, have a vague idea what most of it means.. Anyway I've factory reset the modem and changed all the passwords, actually turning of the modem at night now in an attempt to lower my families exposure to the electromagnetic waves it gives off just above accepted healthy amounts, but unfortunately Fon and air also give off the same if not more, anyway..I haven't notice any grey matter leaking from the ears yet so I think we're safe. 😊

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more