CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
CB4573
Level 1: Cadet

Replacement NBN modem/router for Gateway

Answered

Hi all, I am wanting to upgrade from my Gateway modem/router to a D-Link DSL-5300 COBRA AC5300 Wave 2 MU-MIMO Wireless Modem Router . Just want to make sure that it will will connect to FTTN as i had a Netgear D7000 previously that would not connect so had to go with the Gateway but it is not great in my home for wireless coverage. I don't need the voice part just the internet connection. Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Replacement NBN modem/router for Gateway

Can't give you a 100% guarantee but there is no technical reason stopping the D-Link DSL-5300 COBRA AC5300 Wave 2 MU-MIMO Wireless Modem Router working on a Telstra NBN link.. The Netgear D7000 should also have worked.

The D-Link DSL-432OL, DSL-2888 and DSL-2877AL all work on Telstra NBN.

The main thing is to make sure the connection type is set to DHCP

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/D-Link-DSL-4320L-Setup-on-Telstra-NBN-FTTN/m-...

If Telstra Gateway WAN port is connected to LAN port on D-Link then should still be able to use phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Can't give you a 100% guarantee but there is no technical reason stopping the D-Link DSL-5300 COBRA AC5300 Wave 2 MU-MIMO Wireless Modem Router working on a Telstra NBN link.. The Netgear D7000 should also have worked.

The D-Link DSL-432OL, DSL-2888 and DSL-2877AL all work on Telstra NBN.

The main thing is to make sure the connection type is set to DHCP

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/D-Link-DSL-4320L-Setup-on-Telstra-NBN-FTTN/m-...

If Telstra Gateway WAN port is connected to LAN port on D-Link then should still be able to use phone.

CB4573
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks very much cf4 much appreciated. I too thought the D7000 should have worked but Telstra support could not get it to work after a day of trying and they put it down to some of the Netgear hardware not playing well with FTTN. They told me that they have had problems with Netgear before on NBN for some reason. I will try the D-Link one as the reviews seem to read well and setup seems to be relatively easy. Thanks again.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now