CrowdSupport®
Level 6: Bloodhound

Set-up Question re NBN and Telstra Gateway Modem Max 2

Answered

Hi.  I was just connected to the NBN on Friday.  The set-up I used was with the Telstra Provided Sagmcom Modem. Everything is working fine but as I need an extra LAN Port - I have just changed back to my original Modem - which is the Gateway Max 2.

My question relates to set-up.  With the Telstra Max 2 the cable provided for connecting the DSL Port is split into 2 - One goes to DSL Port on Modem and the other to PSTN on the Modem - both being on one cable.

I have just set-up the Gateway Max 2 and instead of using this cable split in 2 - I have just used a cable (Provided in with the new Sagmcom Modem) which goes straight from the wall socket to the DSL Port on the Mx 2 modem.  Is this ok to do - not using the original split cable??

Everything is working with all lights on including the phone - and my T Voice 503 is working as well.

I just didn't want to do something that could cause an issue with the Mx 2 Modem.

Thanks Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Set-up Question re NBN and Telstra Gateway Modem Max 2

Thanks for that!! I just wanted to make sure.  This really helps - thanks!!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Using single cable with F@st 5355 should  not cause any problems for the Max II. The split cable supplied with Max II is for use with ADSL connections.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks for that!! I just wanted to make sure.  This really helps - thanks!!

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more