CrowdSupport®
GCooke
Level 2: Rookie

Setting up a network drive on Telstra Gateway

Answered

Hi. I'm trying to set up a shared network drive on a Telstra Gateway on Windows 10. After half an hour on hold do Telstra that asked my to pay for technical support for their own hardware, which is ridiculous.

Anyway, I have a Telstra Gateway DJA0230. I have a USB drive connected to it. It is detected by the modem. I have both "File Server enabled" and "DLNA enabled" in Content Sharing. I can see a media drive under "Media Devices" in "Network" called "Telstra Gateway" however, I can only play this in media player. I wish instead to set up a network drive.

I have tried various instruction but none work. When I try to map the drive, and click on "Browse" the drive does not appear as an option.

Is there any way to make the drive available as a network drive rather than a media device?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up a network drive on Telstra Gateway

Have you enabled SMB V1.0

See section 23 of document linked in this post for instructions on setting up file sharing.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Have you enabled SMB V1.0

See section 23 of document linked in this post for instructions on setting up file sharing.

View solution in original post

GCooke

I found a solution. The problem is that Telstra has not updated their modem firmware to SMB2 network sharing protocol, which Windows 10 requires. Telstra still uses outdated SMB1. To fix this go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn windows features on or off > SMB1 - turn all options here on and restart. You can now map the drive.

Would have really sucked to pay for tech support with Telstra on a Telstra product to find out the issue was caused by their out of date firmware.
GCooke

Thanks for that, just figured it out and then saw your post. Appreciate the reply Smiley Happy
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @GCooke

Thanks for updating that the information cf4 has provided has resolved it for you Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now