Highlighted
SlatsR34
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Modem Gen 2 - Connecting to own Modem

Answered

Hi all,

Just having some issues connecting the Smart Modem Gen 2 to my Fritzbox 7490.

My Smart Modem Gen 2 details:-

- Arcadyan LH1000

Boot Version 1.0.38-116.118

Firmware Version 0.05.04r

Hardware Version 01

I initially plugged the LH1000 into the NTD and it connected to the HFC (green light). Left it connected for a while for it to be configured with the Voip details. Confirmed phone was working before disabling WiFi and then unplugged the LH1000 from the NCD. 

The LH1000 then goes into 4G backup mode as expected.

I then plug the LH1000 via it's red WAN port to a LAN port on my Fritzbox 7490. The LH1000 stays it 4G backup mode and the light does not change from blue to green.

Simply it seems like the LH1000 is not getting a connection or IP address from the  Fritzbox 7490. If I connect any other device to my Fritzbox 7490 it's DHCP server issues a IP right away and the device connects.

Without powering off the LH1000 I plug it back into the NCD. Green light and comes back within 1 minute and HFC connection works through the LH1000.

I went through both the basic and advanced Internet setting of the LH1000 but could not find any settings I could change to try and get the connection to Fritzbox working. Settings are quite limited.

I simply just wish to keep using my own hardware for my requirements and then use the LH1000 as a ATA only (with port forward to deal with the double NAT-ing).

The only setting I manually changed on the LH1000 is disabling Wifi.

Sorry for the long post, just tried to get as much details in.

Hoping someone can pass on some assistance and tips on how I can get this working.

Thanks.

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Modem Gen 2 - Connecting to own Modem

There is a firmware update for the LH1000 modem 06.07r. Suggest you update modem first to see if that fixes the modem.

To update modem first connect WAN port directly to HFC connection. If modem doesn't automatically upgrade (Takes about an hour) reboot modem from GUI (Advanced > Management > System Reset > Restart Device.

One other thing to check that Smart modem is using a different LAN address range to that of the Fritz box.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

There is a firmware update for the LH1000 modem 06.07r. Suggest you update modem first to see if that fixes the modem.

To update modem first connect WAN port directly to HFC connection. If modem doesn't automatically upgrade (Takes about an hour) reboot modem from GUI (Advanced > Management > System Reset > Restart Device.

One other thing to check that Smart modem is using a different LAN address range to that of the Fritz box.

SlatsR34

Thanks, I"ll give that a go first.

Appreciate your help.
SlatsR34

Hi cf4,

While firmware has not been updated via manual restart or waiting the thing that fixed it for me was changing the LAN address range of the LH1000 . The LH1000 had the same 192.168.0.1-254 range as the Fritzbox. Changed it to 192.168.20.1-254 and grene light now comes on when plugged into the Fritz.

I know I probably should have changed this earlier but as it was double NAT I didn't think it affect it.... Wrong Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Kevin
viren

@cf4 I've tried router restarts using the GUI and still no update on the LH1000 - any tips?

I don’t have any other tips. Firmware update should down load and install after modem reboot. Might have to connect modem directly to NBN. Could try factory resetting modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now