CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
abthomp
Level 10: Junior Detective

Smart Modem Gen2

Answered

I see there's a USB port on the Smart Modem Gen 2. Could I plug a printer into this and have it available to both computers on my LAN?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Modem Gen2

If you have the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 modem (DJA0231) you should be able to plug a printer in and share the printer between to PCs. I am not sure if the Arcadyan version of the Smart modem Gen 2 supports printers plugged into its USB port.

There are instructions in section 30 of the document linked at the bottom of this post. The document is for The Smart modem Gen 1.1 but the GUI is almost identical. You might also have to enable SMB 1.0. see section 23 of the document for how to enable SMB 1.0 on a Windows 10 PC.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

If you have the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 modem (DJA0231) you should be able to plug a printer in and share the printer between to PCs. I am not sure if the Arcadyan version of the Smart modem Gen 2 supports printers plugged into its USB port.

There are instructions in section 30 of the document linked at the bottom of this post. The document is for The Smart modem Gen 1.1 but the GUI is almost identical. You might also have to enable SMB 1.0. see section 23 of the document for how to enable SMB 1.0 on a Windows 10 PC.

abthomp
Level 10: Junior Detective

Thanks. I have the Technicolour version so should be good to go

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now