CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Roger_that
Level 2: Rookie

Smart Modem with solid blue on online light

Answered

Have had gen2 modem installed for 5 days...have only ever had the blue light on and never had the green NBN light on. Received email that I need to troubleshoot the problem, went through it all and is not resolved. Anything else I need to try...thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Modem with solid blue on online light

The WAN/DSL Flashing green indicates the modem is trying to sync with the Node. The light should be solid green. There is either a street cable fault, a fault in the house wiring or the modem is faulty.

Check that DSL is connected directly to phone socket without using a ADSL Filter / Splitter. If you have more than one phone socket check that nothing is plugged into any spare phone sockets also try another phone socket

Try Factory reseting modem. The rest button is located on the back of the modem near LAN port 2. You will need to use a bent paperclip or similar device to press button for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Modem should reboot reseting all setting to factory defaults.

If still not working ring support on 1800 834 273 as there is nothing else you can do.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6

What colour are the DSL/WAN and Mobile Signal lights? What type of NBN connection do you have?
Roger_that

Wan/dsl is flashing green. I have fibre to the node

Roger_that

Mobile signal is solid green
Accepted Solution

The WAN/DSL Flashing green indicates the modem is trying to sync with the Node. The light should be solid green. There is either a street cable fault, a fault in the house wiring or the modem is faulty.

Check that DSL is connected directly to phone socket without using a ADSL Filter / Splitter. If you have more than one phone socket check that nothing is plugged into any spare phone sockets also try another phone socket

Try Factory reseting modem. The rest button is located on the back of the modem near LAN port 2. You will need to use a bent paperclip or similar device to press button for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Modem should reboot reseting all setting to factory defaults.

If still not working ring support on 1800 834 273 as there is nothing else you can do.
Roger_that

Thanks. It was in a splitter so I have removed that. I only have one phone entry point to the house. I will try factory reset and see if I can resolve it that way. Thank you again for your advice
Roger_that

I removed the splitter, did a factory reset.....and I have a green light!!!!!!
Thank you!!!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now