CrowdSupport®
Tiger82
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Wifi Extender. Laptops wont connect. Other devices do

I have recently purchased the Smart Wifi Home Extender discs.

I have setup the discs as a seperate SSID from the telstra router. I have been able to connect my PS3 and 3 Iphones to the new extenders but have tried 3 seperate laptops and all say unable to connect when I attempt to connect to the network.

I have tried renaming the original routers SSID and the discs to no avail. I have enabled compatability mode. Checked that network adapters have the latest driver and still no luck.

In the error logs I can see an error when the laptops attempt to connect about a pair key handshake error. Discs are set to use WPA2 security.

Why can't I connect the laptops if other devices are connecting ok?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Smart Wifi Extender. Laptops wont connect. Other devices do

Hi Tiger82

Have you tried changing the security type, bandwidth and channel number? You may need to clear the WiFi setting on the computer before trying to reconnect after the change. 

If the laptops cannot connect still then the faults team can investigate on 132200

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now