CrowdSupport®
pennysat
Level 1: Cadet

Smart gen 2 DJA0231 - Internal FTP blocked - Works OK with old modem

Scanning to PC using FTP is set up and working OK with old modem.

This is a Fuji/Xerox printer/scanner I am using and the printer side works OK but the scan to PC function using FTP appears to be blocked by the new modem.

I have tried setting the firewall to it's lowest threshold to no avail. Cannot find any setting to disable the modem firewall for testing purposes.

Any suggestions as to why this new modem would prevent a local LAN connection to FTP.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Smart gen 2 DJA0231 - Internal FTP blocked - Works OK with old modem

Have you uninstalled and then reinstalled printer driver on the PC?

pennysat
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, new printer driver installed but I do not think that is relevant because the printer/scanner is a network printer and the scan to pc function does not use the printer driver. I scan using the controls on the printer to send the scan to a FileZilla server on my PC. This is fairly common with slightly older printers because of the difficulties using SMB since the introduction of windows 10.

I am trying to find out if any setting in this particular modem (DJA0231) could be blocking port 21 on the local network.

There are no setting blocking port 21 on the DJA0231 local network. I have the DJA0231 and FTP is working on the local network.

Have you changed the settings on the printer so that they are set to the new IP address of the PC?

Have you checked port 21 is open on the PC. The firewall of the PC might be blocking the port because of the change of network. You can do this using a port checking app (example are Fing and Ping Tools) on a IOS or android device.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now