David4x
Level 1: Cadet

Smart modem Gen2 won't route internal URLs

Answered

I have just moved from cable to NBN and received an Arcadyan Gen2 smart modem and my internal URL routes have stopped working. It all worked previously on cable with the Technicolour modem. I have a static IP on my modem.

My network consists of internal web servers delivering their own webpages. Each server has a static IP and dedicated port. I have URL's set up for each internal server with an external name server.

I have enabled port forwarding and can confirm that I can access each webserver webpage when I access them from outside my network. eg over 4G.

However, if I am on a PC on my local network, accessing the same URL times out as unreachable.

Is there a way to fix this in the modem configuration without having to set up a local DNS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart modem Gen2 won't route internal URLs

The Arcadyan modem does not support NAT loop back. There re no modem settings to fix this. Telstra knows about the issue and should provides NAT loop back support in a future firmware update.

The Technicolor modems support NAT loop back you could try and get your modem replaced with a Technicolor Gen 2 smart modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The Arcadyan modem does not support NAT loop back. There re no modem settings to fix this. Telstra knows about the issue and should provides NAT loop back support in a future firmware update.

The Technicolor modems support NAT loop back you could try and get your modem replaced with a Technicolor Gen 2 smart modem.

David4x
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the quick clarification cf4 I was not aware of this feature but it explains it.

I have tried previously to get Telstra to send me a Technicolour Gen 2 smart modem but all the people I spoke to had no idea about manufactures and I don't know if Telstra identify them separately either. I got sent another Arcadyan.

I doubt I could find out about any firmware update either.

Very frustrating... 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now