CrowdSupport®
Jacw01
Level 2: Rookie

Smart modem in bridge mode login

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to login into my telstra smart modem that is setup in bridge mode to a netgear R7000.

I am trying the http://mygateway/ and the http://192.168.0.1 but it keeps timing out, I have tried powering off/on again but still can't access it

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Smart modem in bridge mode login

Have you tried setting a static local IP in the subnet range of the smart modem (E.g 192.168.0.10, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1) and then plugging directly into with Ethernet?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Jacw01
Level 2: Rookie

I have my desktop connected via ethernet but it runs through the netgear. So if I connect my pc direct to the smart modem it should connect?

As well as connecting directly to modem you would also have to set a static IP address on the PC Network Adapter. This is only a suggestion and I doubt it will work.
The only reliable way to access modems GUI is to reset modem to normal by doing a factory reset. Make any required changes and then Bridge the modem.

The following cards (and functionality) will no longer be available after switching to bridged mode:
Content Sharing
Devices
Diagnostics
Firewall
Internet Access
Mobile
Telephony
WAN Services

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jacw01,

How did you go with @cf4's suggestions?

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now