CrowdSupport®
chan_23
Level 3: Gumshoe

Smart modem no 4G signal.

Answered

I just received my modem today but once I turn it on, there no 4G signal. 

here some screen shot, may be somebody can help me what's wrong with it. 

Thank you

thanksScreen Shot 2018-06-28 at 8.11.07 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-28 at 8.15.17 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-28 at 8.15.41 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-28 at 8.16.11 pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chan_23
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart modem no 4G signal.

PROBLEM solved today
for a new customer like me, from other ISP that churn to Telstra, the 4G back up will NOT kick on/work while it is under provisioning. Please telstra customer service update your knowledge instead of making up stories.
4G ONLY work during your intermediate time between ADSL to NBN and ONLY for current telstra customer only, the advertisement should be written like that.

Dropping out problem in my case was from my cable to the box (the NBN tech told me) BUT why they did not fix it on 2 occasions? I think because they are paid fix rate and it will take long time so it was not worth money to do it instead blaming on my modem/installation bla bla bla.
So, hopefully after today he changed my port, he told me hopefully it will fix the drop out but still bot guarantee since I am still using the same cable to the box.Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 10.27.47 am.png

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Level 24: Supreme Being

Looks like the SIM card has not been activated or faulty modem. There are no settings in the modem to fix this the only thing you could try is factory resetting the modem. To reset modem use a bent paper clip or similar device to press the reset button located behind pin hole below power switch for at least 10 seconds while gateway is powered on. If still faulty ring support and lodge a fault.
chan_23

I have done hard reset. Still no luck.
chan_23

telstra agree to send a new modem, I will keep it posted since so many 4G back-up problem.
What you need to do is make sure you go to http:\\mygateway then check the status on mobile.
Mobile : enable
My network status : registration denied.

I spent about 4 hours on the phone , 4 calls and 2 chats.
If they give 1800032502 numbet to register/activate "your sim card", DO NOT do it, it's for field technician that has nothing to do with this.

Use 132200 number and say "NBN order".

chan_23

new modem has arrived. but still no 4G back up signal.
same , registration denied.

SINR signal is -16db , is it good or bad?

any other solution or who to contact?

thank you
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Hi @chan_23

Can you PM me IMSI and ICCID of the SIM Card so I can get this investigated please. To send me a Private Message, click on my name at the top of this post and then 'Send a message' on the next page.

Regards

Chris

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

chan_23

The ICCD is on the picture attachment on my previous post.

Thank you
Highlighted
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Hi @chan_23

I've taken note of those details Smiley Happy

I was referring to the new modem as they will be different from the original

Regards

Chris

I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

chan_23

Thank you,

I will PM it to you once i get back home fron work.

Thanks
chan_23

@Feanharo
this is the new modem sim card details

ICCID:
IMSI:

thanks
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Thanks @chan_23

I'll see what I can do to get it registered for you

Chris

Telstra Platinum

chan_23

Thank you
chan_23
Accepted Solution

PROBLEM solved today
for a new customer like me, from other ISP that churn to Telstra, the 4G back up will NOT kick on/work while it is under provisioning. Please telstra customer service update your knowledge instead of making up stories.
4G ONLY work during your intermediate time between ADSL to NBN and ONLY for current telstra customer only, the advertisement should be written like that.

Dropping out problem in my case was from my cable to the box (the NBN tech told me) BUT why they did not fix it on 2 occasions? I think because they are paid fix rate and it will take long time so it was not worth money to do it instead blaming on my modem/installation bla bla bla.
So, hopefully after today he changed my port, he told me hopefully it will fix the drop out but still bot guarantee since I am still using the same cable to the box.Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 10.27.47 am.png

@chan_23 wrote:
PROBLEM solved today

That is not quite right. the SIM is pre-provisioned/activated prior to them hitting the warehouse. It has nothing to do with if an internet order is still provisioning or not.

There were some delays in getting a batch of these SIM's done so some of the modems had gone out to customers/stores before the SIM had been completely activated. That's where the 'registration denied' issue came from

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now