CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DuaneC
Level 2: Rookie

Smart modem no 4G signal.

Why does my smart modem have very poor 4G coverage inside and outside my house, when the Telstra coverage map shows it should be very good? What's the point of having 4G back up if it doesn't work at all?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Smart modem no 4G signal.

Is the backup light of and when you log into the gateway http;//192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced > Mobile > does it show "No SIM detected" or "No device connected"? This would indicate a fault with the 4G and you should ring support.

See section 25 of document linked at bottom of the post for screen shot of 4G working correctly with main link still working.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Smart modem no 4G signal.

Check the antenna that has been selected within the modem, which should be in the same location mentioned by cf4. You want to make sure it is using the Internal antenna, unless you have a 4G antenna connected to the ports.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now