Campbell7
Level 2: Rookie

Swann and smart modem

Answered

Hi.  I have a Telstra smart modem and a Swann 4575 security system. I’m having trouble getting them to talk to each other.  The Swann is connected via LAN.  Someone suggested getting a static up address which I have but have no idea what to do now

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Swann and smart modem

Whuch version of the Smart modem do you have? There are two Gen 2 versions, one with side vents (Technicolor DJA0231) and one with no side vents (Arcadyan LH1000). (See image below). The LH1000 does not support NAT loop back which could be the cause of your problem.

Smart_Modem_Gen_2_Sides.JPG

Accepted Solution

If it is lack of NAT loop back support then until there is a firmware update that adds NAT loopback support to the modem there is no way to fix the problem apart from using your on modem or getting Telstra to replace the LH1000 with the Technicolor version of the modem.

Do the cameras appear in the list of connected devices with a valid IP address in the modems GUI (Advance > Local Network > Devices)? If they do then it is probably lack of NAT loop back support causing the problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Accepted Solution

Whuch version of the Smart modem do you have? There are two Gen 2 versions, one with side vents (Technicolor DJA0231) and one with no side vents (Arcadyan LH1000). (See image below). The LH1000 does not support NAT loop back which could be the cause of your problem.

Campbell7

I have the LH1000

Campbell7

Hi  I have the LH1000

@cf4 wrote:

Accepted Solution

If it is lack of NAT loop back support then until there is a firmware update that adds NAT loopback support to the modem there is no way to fix the problem apart from using your on modem or getting Telstra to replace the LH1000 with the Technicolor version of the modem.

Do the cameras appear in the list of connected devices with a valid IP address in the modems GUI (Advance > Local Network > Devices)? If they do then it is probably lack of NAT loop back support causing the problem.

Campbell7

Yrs it is but the there is no ipv6 address associated. There is a ipv4 address.   

Sorry this tec is not my area of expertise 

Campbell7

I did request a static IP address from Telstra which I have.  Does this help?  Someone else told me to get one first

Campbell7

Yrs it is but the there is no ipv6 address associated. There is a ipv4 address.   

Sorry this tec is not my area of expertise 

Telstra has given me a static ip

The swan camera's should not need a static IP address to work correctly and if the problem is lack of NAT loop back support in the modem a static address will not fix the problem.

A static IP address makes it easier to connect to devices connected to the modem remotely over the internet using the public IP address of the modem. Normally the public IP address of the modem changes every time the modem is rebooted. With a static IP address the public IP address doesn't change. The swan camera's bu default use UID to connect to the camera's and don't require a static public IP address.

As long as there is an IPv4 address it should work.

Highlighted
Campbell7

Thanks heaps for your help.   I’ll upgrade the modem

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now