Highlighted
BruceSanders
Level 1: Cadet

TG799vac power supply

Hello,

I need to know how to source a 12V/2.8A power supply for a Telstra WiFi Gateway Max TG799vac modem.

I can easily source 12V power supplies but not ones thaft the power jack on the modem. JB HiFi do not have them and Jaycar sell ones with higher and lower amperage ratings and even then I would not be sure it would fit the modem. Can Telstra supply the power adaptor considering I bought it from them on contract.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
BruceSanders
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra WiFi Gateway Max modem Power supply - TG799vac - 12V / 2.8A

I need to know how to source a 12V/2.8A power supply for a Telstra WiFi Gateway Max TG799vac modem.

I can source 12V power supplies but not ones that fit the power jack on the modem. JB HiFi do not have them and Jaycar sell ones with higher and lower amperage ratings and even then I would not be sure it would fit the modem. Can Telstra supply the power adaptor considering I bought it from them on contract.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra WiFi Gateway Max modem Power supply - TG799vac - 12V / 2.8A

Hi Bruce, 

Unfortunately we don't supply the power adaptors separately. You may wish to check out 'buy-sell-swap' websites which deal in second-hand goods and see if you can get a cheap TG799 you can use as parts.

Gumtree is one that comes to mind.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now