reserchwiz
Level 2: Rookie

THE NBN modem is emitting strong emf radiation in the whole house making us sick! How to turn off

Answered

We don't want electromagnetic radiation being emitted into the home 24/7. How do we turn off the wifi on modem the switch makes no difference!! The meters alarm went off when it was close to it!! It's disgusting that you are making people so sick!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: THE NBN modem is emitting strong emf radiation in the whole house making us sick! How to turn of

The modem has a built in sim card and DECT for landline phones, as well as wifi. Turning it off over night would be an option. You can find more information here https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/eme
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

reserchwiz
Accepted Solution

Re: THE NBN modem is emitting strong emf radiation in the whole house making us sick! How to turn of

Office works sells modems that are NBN ready for I think about $80 that are ethernet cable only. Very little EMF radiation is emitted. If you put meter right beside cable you pick up a very faint higher EMF reading. Telstra is trying to turn every house with a modem into wifi provider to anyone passing! No consideration for our health! Just making money!! We are the lab rats they are testing on. You know they proved this technology unsafe in 90's!! See 'The inconvenient truth about cancer and mobile phones' in The Guardian 15 July 2018.. Greed!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
reserchwiz

Accepted Solution

The modem has a built in sim card and DECT for landline phones, as well as wifi. Turning it off over night would be an option. You can find more information here https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/eme
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You need to hold the WiFi button down for something like 10 seconds to turn it off

However, as guiltyspark has mentioned, it will not turn off the mobile component or DECT

You could look at some equivalent to a faraday cage you could put the modem into. It would need to be well ventilated though

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
reserchwiz
Accepted Solution

Office works sells modems that are NBN ready for I think about $80 that are ethernet cable only. Very little EMF radiation is emitted. If you put meter right beside cable you pick up a very faint higher EMF reading. Telstra is trying to turn every house with a modem into wifi provider to anyone passing! No consideration for our health! Just making money!! We are the lab rats they are testing on. You know they proved this technology unsafe in 90's!! See 'The inconvenient truth about cancer and mobile phones' in The Guardian 15 July 2018.. Greed!!
reserchwiz

It keeps emitting very high EMF from modem even when WiFi is 'supposedly off. So its only off for our account and on for passing traffic outside.. All to do with the internet of things and 5G no doubt.
stringer1
Level 1: Cadet

I agree with everything you've said. Nobody has seemed to mention the fact that when you do turn off the NBN modem your landline is a dead...no dial tone. When you turn it back on it takes some time before it's up and running again. Can you imagine if you feel very sick during the night and try to use the phone but it's useless because the modem's off...you've turned your mobile phone off...the transmitter up on the nearby hill is blasting emfs through the house...the new fitbit watch has fried a section of your wrist...and so it goes on. And on top off this we now have 5G which will turn up the fry component through the house, gardens, and unwary hippy neibours who are choosing not to use these devices but get singed anyway by their neighbours.
Lythir

Electric fields are subject to the inverse square law of physics. Any measurement you take at 1 meter from the modem will be 1/4 as strong at 2 meters, and 1/16th as strong at 4m. Just put your modem a little further away and you will be getting less EMR from it.

If you are truly concerned you can construct a simple Faraday cage and that will prevent all radiation within those frequencies from escaping. I'm pretty sure there will be a ton of pages on the web telling you how to do it.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=faraday+cage+modem&t=ffab&atb=v146-4__&ia=web
Highlighted
mybestcalendars

try to restart the modem once Smiley Happy

reserchwiz

So you think damage our DND during the day then turn off at night so hopefully our body will make enough melatonin durning the night to fight the damage to our cells that happen when we turn on. That's crazy! We just want our house safe as it was before NBN. Everything cabled with insulation over ethernet, wifi & bluetooth of on on computer & everything worked fine & fast! And we had good health, slept well, no head fog.. Why change when it works fine???
reserchwiz

Yastiandrie I think I'm going to need more than a faraday cage as the level of EMF radiation is so high on the EMR meter it sets the alarm off! My friends who asked me to check the levels at their house have disconnected at power supply. I'm regularly hearing of people choosing to be without without phones now, as wifi causes them to become very ill. Why can't they just let us use cable without being a mini tower for other users!

If you want to have a wired only connection, you'll need to use a non wifi modem/router for ethernet only internet that has built in SIP capacity and a voip service from a provider that that supplies there SIP details as Telstra do not.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more