CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PeterMTB
Level 2: Rookie

Techicolor Modem TG797 V3 can't connect wirelessly to modem

Answered

I have a Techicolor TG797 V3 modem on NBN.

I had forgotten the admin password on th emodem, that I had previously changed, and therefore decided to factory reset the modem so as I could get back into the modem setup via the web based browser address //10.0.0.138 . This worked fine with all networked cable computers immediately obtaining internet access.

The wireless password also reset back to the factory pasword but I have not been able to connect any devices to the wireless, I have tried three separate phones - all different models. When I try connecting on the device it comes up with Incorrect password for "Telstra######" - Dismiss . I have definately typed the password in correctly, including capitals, and also changed to a easier to type password with not success. I definely pressed Save once I have changed the password each time

I have spent days surfing through previous posts and hope I haven't missed a relevent post.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Peter

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Techicolor Modem TG797 V3 can't connect wirelessly to modem

Have you tried connecting via the WPS (Push 'n' Connect) method?

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
PeterMTB
Accepted Solution

Thanks Tezz,

Thanks heaps. I have just written the steps below as not sure what actual fixed or made it possible to connect.

• Tried connecting using a laptop and iPhone using the WPS as suggested. Both failed to connect.
  • Went back into the modem setup Wifi / Wifi Network setup and checked the box called WPS AP PIN Enabled, see above picture as unchecked in this screen shot.
  • Then went and connected the normal way by using the Network Key and connected with no issues. In saying all this I assume the modem was still in WPS mode while I did this.

Once again Tezz thanks for your help and persistence!

Cheers,

Peter

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
PeterMTB

Thought I would screen dump my modem Wifi setup page incase this helped.

Wifi.jpg

Hi, PeterMTB,

Connect the modem to your computer via the ethernet cable to establish a wired connection and access the control panel as you described in your post. From there, double-check the wireless settings. Chances are when you factory reset the unit, the configuration may have been thrown out of kilter by returning to default.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
PeterMTB

Thanks Tezz.

Through the wired connection I login into the modem and all Wifi setting stated the same codes as above.

I then tried another factory reset the modem and then tried using the factory passwords for the wireless access. Still not working.

Thank you for considering and responding.

Cheers,

Peter

Accepted Solution

Have you tried connecting via the WPS (Push 'n' Connect) method?

Kind regards,

PeterMTB
Accepted Solution

Thanks Tezz,

Thanks heaps. I have just written the steps below as not sure what actual fixed or made it possible to connect.

• Tried connecting using a laptop and iPhone using the WPS as suggested. Both failed to connect.
  • Went back into the modem setup Wifi / Wifi Network setup and checked the box called WPS AP PIN Enabled, see above picture as unchecked in this screen shot.
  • Then went and connected the normal way by using the Network Key and connected with no issues. In saying all this I assume the modem was still in WPS mode while I did this.

Once again Tezz thanks for your help and persistence!

Cheers,

Peter

You're most welcome, Peter.

Awesome! I'm glad it's all working now. 👍

Take good care and have a great Christmas.

Kind regards,

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now