CrowdSupport®
md15
Level 2: Rookie

Technicolor TG797n v3 Firmware

I have a Microsoft Surface 8.1 RT.  I cannot connect to my home wifi due to an incompatibility of the firmware of the Technicolor TG797n v3.  Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem?  I want to be able to use my tablet with my wifi!  Can someone please give me some suggestions on how to either update the firmware so it will work, or alternative solutions.

Thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 Firmware

Hi md15,

How did you determine that the router is incompatible? Could you share your process.

As for the firmware, it's pushed to the modem (if it still works) you could register the modem with your account then hopefully after a while the push is recieved by the modem.

What version are you running now?

Cheers,
Dave

md15

Hi,

I spoke to microsoft support for my Microsoft Surface 8.1 RT tablet and he told me that it will not connect to my bigpond wifi due to a problem with the modem, specifically incompatible firmware.

My modem will not even pick up the tablet. I have no problem with any of my other wifi devices.

Product Name
Technicolor TG797n v3
Software Version
Firmware Version
15.53.6469-510-RA

ChrisBriarwood
Level 4: Private Eye

Do I have the latest firmware on my modem/router?

Product Name:TG797n v3
Serial Number:CP1424SAQ1W
Software Release:10.3.V.C
Software Variant:BT
Boot Loader Version:1.1.4
Product Code:3692888A
Board Name:DANT-O
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Chris, 

This doesn't look like the latest version.  Log onto your modem's user interface and click on the Advanced Icon.

This will take you to the Advanced View page.  In the top left will be a card titled Gateway that will give you a Version name, take down that name and then click on the card.  The card will open and provide you with the Firmware version.  What do you currently have?

Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AstroKen

I keep reading thread after thread for days now about updating firmware and suggestions to people to go to their modem's user interface to check which version they have. OK, I've searched for 2 days now and I give up. HOW do I go to my modem's user interface? Please help before I tear out any more hair. I will explain what my Router (or Modem or whatever the TG979n v3 is called). is doing: Starting a few weeks ago it refuses to open most websites. They usually say "Timed Out' or 'Cannot open this website" or "Cannot Find this Website'. These are websites I go to every day, including Forums I am a Moderator/Admin in. But there is nothing wrong with the my internet because 'You Tube' and 'Netflix' open every time, and play videos faultlessly. But simple common websites I have been using for years won't open! I want to check I am up to date with Firmware but can't find out where to check or how to do it. Yes, I registered my Modem/Router with my Bigpond account. Could it be something other than a Firmware update needed? Cheers Ken P.S. Please be patient with my questions as I am Computer illterate. Answers need to be dumbed down for me.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi AstroKen

You can get to your modem's interface on http://10.0.0.138

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AstroKen

Thank you Dani, that worked.

Much appreciated. Man Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now