CrowdSupport®
GML2
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Air

Telstra Air is a pile of marketing **bleep**. It never works. Howe it is let continue as a legitimate service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Tready_15

Re: Telstra Air

Perhaps you could explain a little more about your issue? Yes Telstra Air can be problematic at times. And getting the account correct can be an issue sometimes.

But its a very good service especially if you use the hotspots that are at McDonalds a lot are connected via fibre links and have very fast access my local I did a speed test and got 100Mbps down and up.

GML2

Hey mate. Apologies just so frustrated with this service. I get auto logged in about 5 times a day and then I get a message that there is no internet service or it just randomly dumps the connection. In my entire service period I’ve never had a Telstra air or fon connection to ever actually connect to the internet. I think you have to be sitting under the connector box for this to ever work.   Regards, Greg 

GML2

It just shouldn’t be this hard. It feels very much like a marketing hook of very limited value. In my case zero value and I live in sydney cbd. 

Level 21: Augmented

@GML2 wrote:

Telstra Air is a pile of marketing **bleep**. It never works. Howe it is let continue as a legitimate service?

@GML2 What device (Inc OS version) are you trying to use Telstra Air with?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
GML2

The total failure of service occurs across all my devices. I have an iPhone X, a dated iPad mini and a Microsoft surface pro 3. thanks, Greg 

GML2

Sorry all devices are updated to the latest iOS. 

@GML2 wrote:

The total failure of service occurs across all my devices. I have an iPhone X, a dated iPad mini and a Microsoft surface pro 3. thanks, Greg 

@GML2 Is it all hotspots or a particular hotspot you are having an issue with?

If its all hotspots it might be an account issue. If it is a particular hotspot then that fault can be reported to the tech team on 133 933 and they will take down the details.

GML2

It's my local hotspot that never works so i should check that out (thank you) but it also happens elsewhere. As I've said, its never works anywhere. I guess I'm just so used to being disappointed with Telstra that I just assumed it was a typical piece of Telstra propaganda of zero value and given up. I've been thinking of moving to another iSp again and chastising myself for giving Telstra yet another chance. I'll persevere one more time but i dont expect a better outcome because i've tried many times to fix this. I appreciate your advice though. Thank you and Regards, Greg . 

GML2

NO THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTED SOLUTION. who decided that? I dont yet have any solution. 

GML2

Is this service actually manned by Telstra personnel? I'm feeling that i am being managed? My issues are not resolved in any manner? I'm feeling like this site is a sham. 

Highlighted

@GML2 wrote:

NO THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTED SOLUTION. who decided that? I dont yet have any solution. 

@GML2 I'm not sure why it got flagged as 'accepted' but it has been reversed.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now