CrowdSupport®
hiq
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Gateway Max NAS Connectivity

Answered

Guyz, not sure if this is the right place. I recently got the new Telstra ADSL Gateway MAx modem. Really impressed with the wifi strength. no blind spots at all. The issue i face it does not detect my NAS (DLINK). I have tried different ports on the modem but still nothing. Other devices connected to the modem are working fine. When i connect the NAS to my previous modem (Netgear) everything works fine. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue ?

I am not new to computers and network attached storage devices and offcourse I have tried everything before contacting you guys. The NAS works fine on the older modem but somehow the new modem does not detect it. Does not matter which port you connect it to.

Any help will be appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Max NAS Connectivity

Is the Gateway address in the NAS set correctly? That is, is the IP address of the old router and the new router the same?

The NAS may be looking for 192.168.1.254 but may need to be looking for 10.0.0.138 (or something similar).

You may need to do a hard reset on the NAS in order to set it up from scratch. Conversly, if  you still have the old router and you have the NAS with dual ethernet ports, you could plug the NAS in to the old router and new router at the same time, connect your computer to the old router so it is on the right network, then change the settings on the NAS.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@hiq 

adding to what Jupiter has mentioned below.  If you had previously set up the NAS with a Static IP, and it is something other than 10.0.0.x, your NAS will not be visible in the network.

Option #1:  Change the Static IP assigned to a 'DHCP assigned' method in the NAS or adjust the Static IP with a 10.0.0.x range

Option #2: Factory reset your NAS (that would mean you will loose ALL personal configuration)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Mate, does your NAS have independent power supply. I dfon't think the Gateway will supply power to the NAS or at least sufficient power.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
hiq
Level 2: Rookie

The NAS is independently powered. 

Accepted Solution

Is the Gateway address in the NAS set correctly? That is, is the IP address of the old router and the new router the same?

The NAS may be looking for 192.168.1.254 but may need to be looking for 10.0.0.138 (or something similar).

You may need to do a hard reset on the NAS in order to set it up from scratch. Conversly, if  you still have the old router and you have the NAS with dual ethernet ports, you could plug the NAS in to the old router and new router at the same time, connect your computer to the old router so it is on the right network, then change the settings on the NAS.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@hiq 

adding to what Jupiter has mentioned below.  If you had previously set up the NAS with a Static IP, and it is something other than 10.0.0.x, your NAS will not be visible in the network.

Option #1:  Change the Static IP assigned to a 'DHCP assigned' method in the NAS or adjust the Static IP with a 10.0.0.x range

Option #2: Factory reset your NAS (that would mean you will loose ALL personal configuration)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now