CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Tim12
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Gateway Max connection type.

Answered

Hi,

Just signed up for broadband home bundle and received the Telstra Gateway Max. However this connection is not the same as in the brochure we received. This connetion is a coaxial connector whereas we need to connect to our telephone line using the standard ADSL connector and adaptor using the telephone on a splitter/filter.

Are there two types of Gateway Max Modems.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Max connection type.

Hi Tim, can you have a look on the box/device and find the model number?

Sounds like you've recieved a cable modem, by mistake.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hello Tim,

There is a Telstra Gateway Max modem for cable, Model C6300BD, which I am looking at, 6 inches from my eyes!

There is also a Telstra Gateway Max modem for ADSL, here is a link to the Telstra photograph

http://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/broadband/telstra-gateway-max-adsl-q...

It appears you have been sent a cable version if your model number is as above and has a co-ax type antenna  cable connection.

I hope this is of assistance.  Kind regards

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Accepted Solution

Hi Tim, can you have a look on the box/device and find the model number?

Sounds like you've recieved a cable modem, by mistake.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hello Tim,

There is a Telstra Gateway Max modem for cable, Model C6300BD, which I am looking at, 6 inches from my eyes!

There is also a Telstra Gateway Max modem for ADSL, here is a link to the Telstra photograph

http://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/broadband/telstra-gateway-max-adsl-q...

It appears you have been sent a cable version if your model number is as above and has a co-ax type antenna  cable connection.

I hope this is of assistance.  Kind regards

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Donaldo2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Seems to me that the previous poster pointed out that fact professor.

This is the one thing that really turns me off Crowd support and contributing answers at times, it seems that a couple of people feel they have to come along all the time presenting some false form of officialdom as if they have to approve the answers put up by others.

Looks really sick.

Don

Tim12

Thanks for the reply. The model is Netgear Telstra IE19

Tim

Joshua20

You've definately got one of the cable modems there, we had the opposite happen, got the ADSL modem instead of the cable.

We got it sorted virtually overnight by getting back in touch with the sales people we were dealing with, and the right one was sent overnight courier.

That's unfortunate Tim.

As Joshua has said, best to follow through with the Telstra sale avenue that you used for your bundle, eg; through your Telstra shop on-line or whatever and they can make arrangements for the correct unit to be sent.

In the meantime, maybe you've got a modem/router left over from a previous setup or you might have a neighbour or nearby relo who might have a spare to get you through the weekend. Just a thought.

Signature.gif

Tim12

Siill got my mobile broadband dongle. Thanks for all the help.
Regards Tim
Tim12

You were lucky. So far we have made 4 calls to Telstra sales (different person each time of course) and still not got it sorted. How hard can it be?

dsmith007

[Tim12] 'How hard can it be?'

The answer to that is VERY hard. Wait until you have to deal with Tech or 'My Account' support.

Tim12

Spoke to a Telstra Sales person yesterday and explained the problem again and he assured me he would ordered a ADSL modem (and no he could not phone back TO CONFIRM as he wasjust  too busy).

Today received a call resulting from a complaint form to say that yes a CABLE MODEM had been ordered and it should be sent Monday... we already have a Cable modem that had been sent incorrectly. We need and ADSL! and the rest of the Small bundle that had been promised. Why are they not listening!

Goodness knows what is going to happen when we change over accounts from our existing phone phone line rental and mobile plans to this new package...

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now