CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
jasnick
Level 10: Junior Detective

Telstra Gateway Max password question

Answered

I have sucessfully connected and am online.

Question 1: When I access the Gateway settings: Broadband/PPPoE settings, the username is email address (Telstra ID)and I don't know what the password is because if the number of little dots is accurate, it is not the email password for the username.

Question 2: When I access the Gateway I have to sign in.  When I was originally setting this up the other day   I couldn't get it to work first up and I think I  might have done something with Default user  because I added a new password.  The username came up automatically as "admin". So now I access the Gateway via  admin and my password.  I read somewwhere I didn't need to change that?  Is this a problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jasnick
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Max password question

Thanks Jeff- as everythings seems to work (EXCEPT  Telstra Air)  I am inclined to think the password has been truncated and yes, I have stored the password in several places!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Is Telstra Air activated on your account when you log into My Account?

It can take a little while after its activated for it to come online. Also note that there is a minimum service level for Telstra Air so if your connection falls below this the network wont be enabled on your device. This is to ensure that you, as the owner of the connection, do not have a poor experience as a result of having the feature turned on. Regardless, you will still be able to access Telstra Air when you are out and about on the mobile.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Jasnick, let's tackle question 2) first. No doesn't matter, in fact it's a good idea to change the Gateway access for your own security, BUT, just make sure you don't forget what you've set up. Write the access and password down and put it in your socks draw so you can retieve it if your have a memory lapse.

As far as your question 1) is concerned, it should be the password that you have associated with that Telstra ID/email address. Sometimes in the password slot they do get truncicated. If you need to type in your usual password again.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
jasnick
Accepted Solution

Thanks Jeff- as everythings seems to work (EXCEPT  Telstra Air)  I am inclined to think the password has been truncated and yes, I have stored the password in several places!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Is Telstra Air activated on your account when you log into My Account?

It can take a little while after its activated for it to come online. Also note that there is a minimum service level for Telstra Air so if your connection falls below this the network wont be enabled on your device. This is to ensure that you, as the owner of the connection, do not have a poor experience as a result of having the feature turned on. Regardless, you will still be able to access Telstra Air when you are out and about on the mobile.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jbry
Level 1: Cadet

How can I get into MyAccount to learn what I have left on the Pre-Paid SIM ?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now