CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ChocMonk
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Gateway Technicolor DJA0230TLS Content Sharing SMB version

Answered

Hi

I just connected a Technicolor DJA0230TLS gateway supplied by Telstra. I've got an NTFS USB drive connected and I can connect to the share it from my Android phone, smart TV etc.

2018-03-23 (1).pngHowever trying to connect from Windows 10 gives me an error in the screenshot:

Going to the KB indicated in the error message https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-windows-10-and-windows-serve...

basically seems to say that :

"

If you cannot use any of these workarounds, or if the application manufacturer cannot provide supported versions of SMB, you can re-enable SMBv1 manually by following the steps in KB 2696547.

Important We strongly recommend that you do not reinstall SMBv1. This is because this older protocol has known security issues regarding ransomware and other malware"

Anyone else encountered this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Technicolor DJA0230TLS Content Sharing SMB version

The gateway uses SMB1 so if you wish to access files on attached USB drive via windows explorer SMB1 has to be enabled in Windows.

You can still access files in Films and TV app, Windows Media player or any app that supports DLNA without enabling SMB1.

I have enable SMB1 on my PC because enable to exploit the security flaws in SMB1 you must be on the Local network.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The gateway uses SMB1 so if you wish to access files on attached USB drive via windows explorer SMB1 has to be enabled in Windows.

You can still access files in Films and TV app, Windows Media player or any app that supports DLNA without enabling SMB1.

I have enable SMB1 on my PC because enable to exploit the security flaws in SMB1 you must be on the Local network.

ChocMonk
Level 2: Rookie

yes, I enabled it and it works, but seems like Technicolor/Telstra should be updating SMB, not just for security but performance as well :
 https://twitter.com/NerdPyle/status/776900804712148993

:-)

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now