Highlighted
Trevsaurus
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra NBN Connection Kit.

Answered

Hi,

I've just replaced my old Telstra ADSL modem with the supplied Gateway Connection modem, in preparation for the impending switch to NBN (12/4/18).  It turned out that the supplied connection from my phone wall socket (through the ADSL line filter) to the DSL port on the modem, was nowhere near long enough, so I just inserted my current long cable to see if that worked. Short story, it did. (My original connection from the phone wall socket goes through an ADSL in-line filter splitter to separate the phone & ADSL modem signals.)

Q. When the dreaded NBN switchover occurs, can somebody in the know tell me whether the above workaround will still continue to work ok? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra NBN Connection Kit.

Yes it will still work. There might be a slight reduction in speed due to the extra cable. If you can it is nest to remove the filter once connected to NBN as it is no longer required.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Yes it will still work. There might be a slight reduction in speed due to the extra cable. If you can it is nest to remove the filter once connected to NBN as it is no longer required.

Trevsaurus
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for that cf4...much appreciated.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more