mrSneezy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Smart Modem 2 LH1000 limited to 10 LAN static IP's ?

Can anyone confirm that the LH1000 modem will only take 10 LAN side devices for static IP's before the list is full ?

Sneezy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Smart Modem 2 LH1000 limited to 10 LAN static IP's ?

I don’t have the LH1000 so can’t confirm that that the LH1000 is limited to 10 static leases but this is the second post that mentioned the LH1000 was limited to 10 static leases,

mrSneezy
Level 3: Gumshoe

In the age of the IOT this is going to be a problem if somebody wants to fully manage their home devices. I'm past ten already (obviously).
Sneezy

You could limit the address range of the DHCP server in the modem to 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.128 and assign a static IP address in the devices in the device in the range 192.168.0.129 to 192.168.0.254

enroth
Level 1: Cadet

That's not always an option with the device unfortunately (I have a number of smart plugs for instance that don't offer this).
Do you (or anyone else) know if there are any plans to increase the limit in the future?

I don’t know of any plans to increase the number of static leases available.

@Yastiandrie  or @343GuiltySpark  might know if there are any plans to increase the number of static leases in the Arcadyan modem LH1000

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

It would be in the pipe line to get fixed, there are other things with a higher priority to get fixed though.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

JohnB2
Level 4: Private Eye

Sadly, I have come across the same problem. My only solution was to revert back to an earlier Technicolor modem. The lack of NAT was also a major problem for me with the LH1000.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now