CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Pricky
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230

Answered

I've got 2 Telstra Smart Modem  DJA0230, and want to turn one of them into a wifi extender.
I'm unsure what settings need to be changed on the one I want to make as an extender.
Do I need to make changes to my main router ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230

The DJA0230 is the Smart modem GEN 1.1.

The modem cannot be used as WIFI extender but it can be used as a WIFI access point with one of its LAN ports connected to the LAN  port of main modem.

Should not need to change any settings in main modem. In access point modem change its LAN IP address so it is in same subset as the main modem but has a different last 4 group of digits. Example if main modem has IP address of 192.168.0.1 change IP address of access point modem to 192.168.0.200. Turn of DHCP in access point modem. Note once IP address is changed and DHCP is turned of you can only connect to access point modem when its LAN port is connected to LAN port of main modem. To access I access points GUI use its new IP address. To change IP address of access point modem and turn of DHCP log into modem and go to Advanced > Local Network.

For best results should also change WIFI SSID and password to match that of main modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230

The DJA0230 is the Smart modem GEN 1.1.

The modem cannot be used as WIFI extender but it can be used as a WIFI access point with one of its LAN ports connected to the LAN  port of main modem.

Should not need to change any settings in main modem. In access point modem change its LAN IP address so it is in same subset as the main modem but has a different last 4 group of digits. Example if main modem has IP address of 192.168.0.1 change IP address of access point modem to 192.168.0.200. Turn of DHCP in access point modem. Note once IP address is changed and DHCP is turned of you can only connect to access point modem when its LAN port is connected to LAN port of main modem. To access I access points GUI use its new IP address. To change IP address of access point modem and turn of DHCP log into modem and go to Advanced > Local Network.

For best results should also change WIFI SSID and password to match that of main modem.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now