CJN2
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 Apple HomeKit Router Support

Answered

Hi, 

Will the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 have a firmware upgrade to support Apple's new "Homekit-enabled Router" standard? 

Also is there any news on release timeline of Smart Modem Gen 3? Will it support Wifi 6 and 5G mobile backup? 

Cheers, 

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 Apple HomeKit Router Support

1. There's no public information on Apple's new "Homekit-enabled Router" standard being added to the modems firm
  2. There's no public information on the next modem being released or its capabilities 
  3. Unlikely in my opinion to have a 5G backup built in due to significantly more 4G coverage and that backup speed is limited at this stage to 6/1
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

1. There's no public information on Apple's new "Homekit-enabled Router" standard being added to the modems firm
  2. There's no public information on the next modem being released or its capabilities 
  3. Unlikely in my opinion to have a 5G backup built in due to significantly more 4G coverage and that backup speed is limited at this stage to 6/1
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Highlighted
CJN2
Level 2: Rookie

Okay thanks! 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now