GailH4
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2. Only connecting to backup.

Telstra upgraded our older modem with a new smart modem gen 2. But I have only been able to connect to backup. The green wan/dsl button on back flashes green but is never able to connect.

Have tried with splitter and without neither makes a difference. Have reset many times, nothing works. 

Have an adsl 2 connection.

Any help would be great.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2. Only connecting to backup.

Is the WAN/DSL light flashing fast or slow?

Does the connection still work with your old modem?

hippirus
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem as yourself. I have chatted with 24/7 text support and they have suggested that it is due to the modem's mac address not being registered with your account. They have told me to contact the following number 1800 135 103 during their operating hours of 8am to 8pm to get the modem registration synchronized with their system. Have yet to call them myself as it was 9pm when I finished with the diagnostic steps, but hopefully this helps you in the direction to getting your problem resolved.

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi GailH4

If the DSL is not syncing with no other phone/filters connected any other socket then this is something the faults team will be able to escalate further on 133933 especially if the old modem was also not working or having issues. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more