Noinrat
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2 - Overheat

Answered

Getting a red light at the front of the modem, modem is placed vertical next to the NBN connection device. Would that be an issue? Found another answer that says "Modem is overheated" so what is the fix for this? Why were these designed to overheat if they are supposed to be on 24/7?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2 - Overheat

Good stuff. Appreciate the update. Please sing out if there's anything else. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 24: Supreme Being

A red light on the front of the modem indicates the modem has been unable to connect on both the 4G backup and the main link.
What colour at the lights on the back of the modem?
Noinrat

The Online and WAN lights are green, and the mobile mode is off, mobile signal is orange, and the phone is yellow, pair off. What is the fix?
Noinrat

In my account I see, sorry should have told you this before I will call this number.
Your order is on hold
There's an issue with your connection. We'll be in touch soon to resolve it. Or you can call us on 1800 834 273 and follow the Check Order prompt. We're available from 7am to 9pm AEST.

There could be a fault with your service or a network fault. The phone light orange indicates only SOS calls can be made due to  fixed and mobile back up service not being available. I a bit confuse that online light is green would expect it to be off. You could ring support 1800 834 273 and report a fault.

You could also use the online diagnostic tool and check for outages in your area.

If you suspect modem is overheated could turn it off for an hour and then turn it back on.

Noinrat

Will try that tx
Support Team
Support Team

Happy to help any way we can. Please let us know how you get on or if there's anything else we need to address. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Noinrat

We turned it off and on again that seems to work. tx

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Good stuff. Appreciate the update. Please sing out if there's anything else. - Matthew.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more