Highlighted
macak
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 not connecting to cable internet

Answered

I just installed Smart Modem Gen 2 and it is on mobile network the whole time. Calls to Telstra Platinum were sheer waste of time telling me there is an outage in my area when my old Gateway Max worked fine 10 minutes earlier. Any help is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 not connecting to cable internet

The problem is probably due to the cable adapters MAC address not being registered against your connection. Ring support and ask for cable activation. There should be a label on the cable adaptor with the MAC address printed on it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

The problem is probably due to the cable adapters MAC address not being registered against your connection. Ring support and ask for cable activation. There should be a label on the cable adaptor with the MAC address printed on it.

macak
Level 2: Rookie

That was it. Thanks, all sorted out now
Bazza16
Level 3: Gumshoe

Can this be a similar proplem for NBN modems as well?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Bazza16 - The above issue is specific to BigPond Cable services. If your NBN service is not connecting and is reverting to the back-up, please contact Tech Support on 1800 834 273 or via Live Chat where they can access your service details and assist further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now