Highlighted
Ivanhoe38
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

Answered

My question is about Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 just released.   cf4 supplied an answer about connecting an ASUS RT-AC88U router.  Can I use this Gen 2 modem as a bridge, connect my ASUS router (which will allow me to use Nord VPN) and still use VOIP phone.  I will be getting HFC shortly.   Having 4G back up is not a priority for me but VPN is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

My previous post on how to connect ASUS router (which will allow me to use Nord VPN) and still use VOIP phoneapplies to the Smart Modem Gen 2 as the Smart modem Gen 2 features are almost identical to the Smart Modem. Only Its physical size and position of lights and ports are different.

The major feature difference between two modems is that on GEN 2 VOIP still works when modem using 4G backup when main link not available.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

My previous post on how to connect ASUS router (which will allow me to use Nord VPN) and still use VOIP phoneapplies to the Smart Modem Gen 2 as the Smart modem Gen 2 features are almost identical to the Smart Modem. Only Its physical size and position of lights and ports are different.

The major feature difference between two modems is that on GEN 2 VOIP still works when modem using 4G backup when main link not available.

Ivanhoe38
Level 2: Rookie

Hi cf4,
Thank you
Kay85
Level 1: Cadet

Tried accessing your Previous Post (https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/Modems/message-id/25301) but not able to access it as its says Access denied.. Is it possible to reshare or repaste the post here ?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more