Highlighted
DJP2
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem

Answered

Hi. Recently went to NBN with Telstra smart modem. After a few teething issues, all good now. However, the modem has had  no green on-line light on for the last two days, but I still have an internet connection. A speed test shows 45/15. Obviously happy with that and I assume definitely not operating on the back-up mobile connection. In any case the light is not showing magenta to indicate back-up.  My question is, should I do anything or leave well enough alone? My only minor worry is if i do lose my connection, troubleshooting might be more difficult, not knowing what's going on with the light. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem

The green light could be faulty. If you disconnect the DSL port (DSL connection) or WAN port (All other connection types) and wait two minutes does Online light turn magenta?.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The green light could be faulty. If you disconnect the DSL port (DSL connection) or WAN port (All other connection types) and wait two minutes does Online light turn magenta?.
DJP2
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for your prompt reply. Did as you suggested. All lights went off with the power light going from green to bluish/white. Pressed power button, went immediately green. The on-line light magenta. Refitted the DSL cable and now all the lights are green. At least for now I guess the problem is solved. I have never before seen the magenta light on, even when trying to force the modem onto mobile, just to see if it would indeed work if required. Thanks for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now