Highlighted
Toomuchit
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Smart Wi-Fi™ Booster Gen 2 - ethernet connection

Answered

I have the Smart Modem Gen 2... with FTC NBN to come shortly.

I'm contemplating getting one (maybe two) of the very recently released Telstra Smart Wi-Fi™ Booster Gen 2 - but not sure if I can set it up as needed.

The modem is upstairs and provides good wifi for the whole floor. But I have poor penetration of the wifi downstairs.

I would like to have one Gen 2 booster downstairs with a permanent ethernet connection to my modem. If this can be done, I may place a second booster at the other end of the downstairs floor - where it would most likely make its own connection to the other booster (which would be much closer than the upstairs modem).

In short... can a Gen 2 booster operate while permanently connected to the modem by ethernet, while the modem is also broadcasting on the same mesh wifi SID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Wi-Fi™ Booster Gen 2 - ethernet connection

The mesh boosters can operate connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable or connecting back via Wi-Fi while broadcasting the same SSID.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The mesh boosters can operate connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable or connecting back via Wi-Fi while broadcasting the same SSID.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Toomuchit
Level 3: Gumshoe

That's great. Much appreciated.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now