Highlighted
Peter1610
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart modem Gen 2 - Technicolor DJA0231 USB port and Printer

Answered

Is it possible to configure the Telstra Smart modem Gen 2 - Technicolor DJA0231 USB port to support sharing for a network printer? ie similar in function to the Telstra cable modem netgear modem ReadySHARE_USB_Printer function. I moved to the NBN HFC today (with new Technicolor DJA0231 modem ) from Telstra HFC service via netgear modem which we had connected a USB share printer ( its an older style Brother MFC 7340 Laser printer without Ethernet port) . It would be great to be able to still use this printer with the new NBN setup.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart modem Gen 2 - Technicolor DJA0231 USB port and Printer

You could use the printer function of the printer but I am not sure if you will be able to use the scanner function over the network. There are instructions for how to do this for a Windows PC for the DJA0230 (Smart Modem Gen 1.1) in section 30 of the document linked at end of this post.

Alternatively if you want to use both the scanner and the printer functions of the printer over the network you could the Netgear modem as print server by

• Turn off WiFi on Netgear
  • Changing its LAN IP address to 192.168.0.254
  • Turning of DHCP in Netgear
  • Connect LAN port of Netgear to LAN port of DJA0231
Peter1610
Accepted Solution

Thanks for this, the Netgear modem as print server solution worked first go. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

You could use the printer function of the printer but I am not sure if you will be able to use the scanner function over the network. There are instructions for how to do this for a Windows PC for the DJA0230 (Smart Modem Gen 1.1) in section 30 of the document linked at end of this post.

Alternatively if you want to use both the scanner and the printer functions of the printer over the network you could the Netgear modem as print server by

• Turn off WiFi on Netgear
  • Changing its LAN IP address to 192.168.0.254
  • Turning of DHCP in Netgear
  • Connect LAN port of Netgear to LAN port of DJA0231
Peter1610
Accepted Solution

Thanks for this, the Netgear modem as print server solution worked first go. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now