I tried to post this as WiKi but kept getting errors so have posted here.
There are two versions of the Smart modem, the document attached is for the Technicolor version of the Telstra Gen 2 Smart modem (DJA0231). The Arcadyan version is physically the same apart from not having side vents but its GUI although similar has some settings in different locations. The Arcadyan version also has some extra features like being able to save the settings but lacks some other features that the Technicolor has. The document covers the following.
2. Modem Connections and Buttons
3. Login and Home Screen
4. Change Modem’s Login Password
5. Telstra’s_Internet User Name and Password
7. Connecting Wi-Fi devices
8. Address Reservation (Static LAN IP Address)
9. Port Forwarding
10. Inbuilt Help
12. Reset Modem or Reboot Modem
13. Turn WI-FI OFF or ON
14. Bridge Mode
15. Dynamic DNS
16. Register and De-register a DECT handset
17. Telephony (Information and Call Log)
18. Remote WEB Access
19. Wi-Fi MAC Filtering
20. Management (Add extra Modem Logins)
21. Change Wi-Fi Channel SSID and Password
22. Third Party VDSL Modem /Router
23. DLNA Server and Mass Storage
25. 4G Cellular Backup
26. Diagnostics (Fault Finding)
27. Change IP Address of Modem
28. Modem Firmware / Software
29. Modem’s Time Settings
30. Connecting USB Printer
31. WiFi Tools
32. DNS Selection
34. Known Limitations and Bugs
The document can be found here.
Was this helpful?
Thank you... but many people are aware of it. In my opinion, the Technicolor is far superior and less buggy.
I have had both these modems and in my opinion the Arcadyan is far buggier than the Technicolor but it uses the same components and its experience the performance is about the same.
Thank you for creating your new manual for the benefit of all users. Well done. I learn something new most times I read your posts. All the best.