Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Telstra Wi-Fi Maximiser™ App - Updated

Hi All,

Today an updated version of the Telstra Wi-Fi Maximiser™ app has been released on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

Chi

Download for Apple                     Download for Android

Key New Improvements

• Ability to quickly access your Wi-Fi name & password on our Telstra gateways*, to easily share it with friends and family
• New functionality to show all the devices that are connected to the home gateway giving them more visibility
• Ability to perform speed tests that look at both internet and Wi-Fi speeds in the home to allow customers to identify and solve speed related issues
• Option to import floorplans and add multiple levels to your home through the enhanced ‘Map my Wi-Fi’ feature
• Introduction of quick guides to help address frequently asked questions
• Access previous speed test results to check and monitor issues or performance
• A new section for customers to contact Telstra directly with feedback or queries

*Viewing and sharing Wi-Fi details subject to being connected to a supported Telstra Gateway – supported models include: Telstra T-Gateway™ (TG797nV3); Telstra Gateway Max™ (TG799vac); Telstra Gateway Max 2™ (TG800); Telstra Gateway™ (Sagem F@ST 5355); Cable Home Network Gateway (CG3100v2); Telstra Gateway Max™ (C6300BD)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Lev01
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra Wi-Fi Maximiser™ App - Updated

Hi,

Has something else been updated on the Wi Fi Maximiser app recently? I used to be able to remote reset my Gateway Frontier, but now it just says "remote reset failed".

I have re started the modem by physical power off and have re installed the app

Any ideas?

Can't see any setting in the app or modem that have changed

Regards
Technical Support
Technical Support

I have had a colleague test this and they were able to reboot the Telstra Frontier via the Telstra Wi-Fi Maximser app on their Android device. 

For help in comparison, can you confirm the type of device and the OS version? Also the firmware version of your gateway would be helpful.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Lev01

Hi Shelly,

Firmware version of the Frontier is 16.3.7413-660-RB
I have the Wi Fi Maximiser app on iPhone 7 Plus OS 10.3.2
I see 10,3.3 is ready, so I will update and let you know if that changes anything

Regards
Lev01

Hi Shelly,

No change with 10.3.3

Regards
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Lev01. 

Just to make sure we have all the data, can you confirm which version of the WiFi Maximiser app. It should be the latest one as you have reinstalled.

Also, Do you have any other devices you can install the Telstra app on to test if the reboot option is there when connected to the Frontier WiFi?

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Lev01

Hi Alistair,

App is V2.2(100), no I don't have it installed on any other devices. I can try on another iPhone over the weekend.

Regards
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Lev01,

Any luck testing with another device?

- AlistairQWA

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more